.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, December 12, 2008

OK, now the Friday Random Ten+5 is buying what you're selling.

About a month ago, the Friday Random Ten+5 did a primer on how not to sell your products on TV. But there is one sure-fire way to move product that trumps pretty much every other rule of marketing: Put a hot chick in the ad. That doesn't necessarily mean, though, that you can just throw a Victoria's Secret model up on the screen in lingerie and expect her to sell, I don't know, life insurance. Some exceptionally savvy advertisers have figured out that you don't necessarily need Marisa Miller or Heidi Klum to push whatever it is you're selling, you just need a girl-next-door type with what the French call that certain "I don't know what" and bickety-bam, you've got yourself an enticing ad. Or maybe I just have really obscure taste in chicks on TV. Whatever the case, this week's +5 is Five Random Women In TV Commercials I Have A Crush On.



The girl in the yellow top from the Zyrtec ad
I don't know anything about this chick other than the fact that she's adorable. And has allergies. Like me on both counts!



"Flo" from the Progressive commercials
There are times when she seems just a little too perky to be in the insurance business, but considering that it's been a long time since auto insurance did anything other than cause me pain and/or suck money out of my wallet, maybe a little perkiness isn't such a bad thing.



The wife from the Sonic ads
I probably shouldn't have as big a crush on her as I do, considering that in 10 or 15 years I'm probably going to be the guy in the driver's seat of that car, getting belittled by a wife who's way smarter than I am and knows it. And also losing my hair. But what can I say, I enjoy being abused. (In case you were curious, her real name is Molly Erdman, and she has her own blog.)



The mom from the Burger King "apple fries" commercial"
I'm still not entirely sure what "apple fries" are -- just apples cut into the shape of french fries, right? -- but there is one thing I'm sure of: Burger King is married to a total MILF. Though being a king, I guess he would be. She needs to keep that son of theirs in check, though.



Erin Surance
Yes. Still.

And now the Ten:

1. INXS, "Stairs"
2. Downright, "Quicksand Baby"
3. Devo, "Whip It"
4. U2, "Got to Get Together"
5. The Jam, "Going Underground"
6. Beck, "Waitin' for a Train"
7. U2, "Sunday Bloody Sunday" (live from Sarajevo)
8. David Holmes, "Pickpockets"
9. Massive Attack, "Risingson"
10. Avenue Q cast, "There's a Fine, Fine Line/What Do You Do With a B.A. in English?" (reprise)

Your turn: Put your own Random Tens and/or TV-commercial crushes, be they chicks or dudes, in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Trendy Car Modification